as a part of our growing team:
Are you interested in joining one of the fastest growing, premier wound care and hyperbaric oxygen companies in the United States? If so, you are in luck! We are always looking for skilled CRTs, RRTs, LPNs, RNs, Military Corpsmen, EMTs, Paramedics, and CHTs to join our ever expanding team of healthcare professionals. If you are interested in working for Shared Health Services please fill out the contact form in its entirety to tell us a bit about yourself so we can get an idea of who you are and then upload your resume via the upload button below. If we have an open position available we will reach out
to you as soon as we can! Good luck and God bless!
Wound Care Program Manager
"Salary Commensurate With Experience"
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Program Manager is responsible for the successful implementation, ongoing management and overall success of the Wound Treatment Center (WTC). This includes responsibility for operations, personnel, budget, reimbursement, quality management, and community education. The Program Manager is also responsible for demonstrating the corporate values of Shared Health Services and for managing the relationship with the client hospital to ensure contract retention.
As a direct result of this leadership, the WTC will deliver state-of-the-art wound care services that are valued by our customers and delivered at a cost that promotes responsible growth for the corporation.
The Program Manager will be able to demonstrate the following essential competencies, duties and responsibilities as a result of education, experience and SHS initial orientation and ongoing corporate learning:
• Direct Operations
• Manage Finances and Reimbursement
• Oversee Community Education Program
• Recruit and Supervise Personnel
• Maintain Quality and Safety Programs
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Healthcare Administration or Nursing.
• Previous healthcare experience in a program operations setting, including some background in personnel, finance, sales and marketing, and/or reimbursement preferred.
• Three to five years of strong management and leadership experience preferred.
• Demonstrates the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- High degree of management confidence, including supervisory, leadership, and motivational skills.
- High degree of organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Effective problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Basic knowledge of healthcare reimbursement issues.
- Basic financial/P&L knowledge.
- Sales and marketing skills.
Job Type: Full-time
PRN Wound Care Nurse - Newport News, VA
$28.00 - $35.00 an hour
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The wound care nurse is responsible for providing routine wound care evaluation, management and treatments to the patients seen by this service in accordance with accepted protocols and clinical standards. Responsibilities include providing standard wound care procedures primarily on an outpatient basis. Wound care nurse will be responsible for care of patients ranging in age from infants to geriatric patients. Wound care nurse is responsible for performing other duties as required. This position requires good verbal communication and administrative skills. Responsibilities include preparing and maintaining necessary departmental/hospital documentation, as well as patient charting utilizing basic computer skills. There will be extensive requirements for interacting with patients, family members and clinical personnel in a professional manner. Performs duties under the direct supervision of the Program Manager or Clinical Coordinator. Under supervision, wound care nurse should be able to exercise initiative and sound independent judgment when caring for patients within the department. Wound care nurse will on occasion be required to work in an emotionally charged environment with possible life and death ramifications demanding high levels of concentration.
• Prepare patients for wound care procedures using the safety and clinical protocols.
• Maintain complete and accurate patient records/charts as they pertain to treatment documentation.
• Reinforce patient education as it relates to wound healing procedures.
• Perform wound healing procedures as required.
• Perform duties and procedures as directed by supervisor/medical director.
• Participate in quality improvement program.
• Participate in safety program.
• Maintain competencies, continuing education and certifications as appropriate.
• Day-to-day maintenance of wound care equipment.
• Perform hyperbaric treatments, if trained, as ordered by physician.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Position requires the ability to walk and stand most of the day. Must be able to turn, twist and bend repetitively through the day. May be required to crouch, stoop and reach high places. Able to carry, push, pull and handle patients in addition to multiple pieces of equipment using proper body mechanics. Ability to use hands and fingers to handle/feel objects, tools and controls is required. Ability to visually accommodate with good color vision, depth perception and wide field of vision.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Prior experience as an Registered Nurse.
• Must maintain BLS certification and license (if applicable) in the state of practice.
• Must maintain required professional certification within the state of practice.
• Will obtain a minimum of 12 hours of wound care specific continuing education credits every two years.
• Will attend hyperbaric introductory training as appropriate.
Job Type: PRN